My Birthday Wishlist



Happy Friday you lovely lot! As it's quickly approaching my birthday, I thought I'd throw together a quick little birthday wishlist of various things that are currently on my (many) Amazon wishlists that have caught my eye over the last couple of months. Even though I did one of these posts last year, I somehow managed to only accumulate one of the products in that post and that was actually a gift from Matthew because he'd been sneaky and seen the post early enough to order it for my birthday. So maybe this year I'll be more successful and actually remember what I wanted to spend my money on instead of getting distracted by just about anything and everything else. So let's see what I desperately want in my life but don't really need:

1. "Perv - The Sexual Deviant in All of Us" Book by Jess Bering | £8.83 - £16.99 - I really really want to read this book and it's been on my wishlist for over a year now and I've somehow still not picked it up. After reading a rave review of it over on my favourite blog, The Dainty Squid, I wanted to read it for myself. It is different to my usual reading material as I tend to reach for fiction (particularly dark crime or fantasy fiction), but I want to read it nonetheless. Bering attempts to explain how we are all sexual deviants in one way or another and introduces the reader to various people with different "deviants" such as a woman in love with the Eiffel Tower and twins who are a bit too affectionate in most people's eyes. The whole thing sounds fascinating and I guess just based on that, I sound like a deviant too. Plus, how great is the cover going to be on my daily commutes to and from work?

2. Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer | approx. £12.OO - This bronzer is on every American beauty guru YouTube channel I watch and they always rant and rave about how good it is and how suitable it is for pale skin so I just desperately need it in my life. At the moment, my favourite product for giving my skin some colour and glow is the Kat Von D Shade & Light palette but even the palest contour shade in there isn't quite right for bronzing too so I'm always on the lookout for a better bronzer. I have a lot of different ones from the high street and the drugstore that I do like and I do use on a regular basis but I have to use a very light hand and sometimes still they are too warm or too terracotta/orange for my skin tone. This bronzer looks like the perfect tone for me and the formula is meant to be amazing too and it's available on Amazon for us UK folk who want in on the action.

3. Pizza Phrenology Head Pin Badge | £8.4O - You guys probably all know by now how much of a pin badge lover I am but my collection always has room for more and more because there's just so many independent small brands out there that are producing amazing stuff that I can't resist. If there's one thing I've always been interested in both academically and aesthetically, its all the amazing wonder of phrenology and palmistry etc. that seems to be popular amongst others when it comes to homeware etc. too. Therefore this pin is definitely something I want to get my hands on and the fact that they've altered it to say "pizza" and "love" means its only even more fitting for me and my jacket.

4. Topshop Montana Western Ankle Boots | £55.OO - I 100% do not need another pair of shoes. Or to be even more specific, I 100% do not need another pair of pointed western style ankle boots with buckles on them but my goodness this pair from Topshop are heaven sent. The shape of them are really nice (some in this kind of style can be too chunky or too slim looking on the feet) and the colour of them?! I can't get enough. I have been having a huge clear out of my footwear lately because I own a lot of shoes and I tend to wear the same pairs over and over again but I can confidently say that these babies would never be off my feet if I got my hands on them.

5. Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Flamepoint | £9.95 - Sugarpill are a brand I've only tried one product from but I've got to say, I was impressed with their liquid lipstick formula so I imagine their intense eyeshadows would not disappoint either. They have a great range of more "out there" colours in both their lip and eye products and although a lot of them are out of my comfort zone, I am desperate to try this vibrant orange shade. Lately I've been loving wearing mustard yellow eyeshadows and orange/red shades too but this shade seems even better than the oranges I currently own plus, Sugarpill are a cruelty free vegan brand so win win.

6. Nailbiter Graphic Novel | £8.99 - In case I haven't mentioned it enough and/or you missed my post all about them, I really bloody love graphic novels. I have quite a few stocked up on my "to-read" pile at the moment but there's always space for one or a hundred more. Nailbiter is something that was released relatively recently and as you might be able to tell by the cover, is a bit of a gory one and is all about serial killers. Serial killers, in a graphic novel? Need I say more? Well if you're not quite with me yet, the fact that it's described as mixing Twin Peaks with the movie Se7en should surely have you sold. I know I am *sold*.

7. Kingdom Hearts PS4 1.5 and 2.5 Remaster | £34.99 - Right, what do I even need to say about this? I found out this week that Kingdom Hearts was being rereleased but on the PS4 and I literally screamed with excitement. If you read my post all about my favourite video games last year, you will know that I love Kingdom Hearts so having the chance to play through it all again but on a console I actually have readily available to me is amazing. March 31st release date, I see you. I'm coming for you.

8. Free People Babes of Paradise Bodysuit | £118.OO - Ladies and gents, you know when you see an item of clothing and you genuinely feel in your gut that you don't just want to own it, you need it? Well in steps this bodysuit. Free People are one of my favourite clothing brands but let's be real - on my wages I can't always afford it - but when this beauty popped up on the IG feed, I realised I might just have to bite the bullet and invest in it. Just *look* at those sleeves! The colour of it is gorgeous too and I think it would look amazing with jeans, skirts, on it's own on the beach... the possibilities are endless and I mean come on, I would never take it off over summer.

9. Topshop Marigold Embroidery Plaform Sandals | £34.OO - Okay so you know when I said I would never take off those Topshop boots? Well I would - to put these on occasionally. I don't really wear heels anymore since changing jobs but my god these are too *me* to be true. They're black faux velvet/suede, they're embroidered, they've got gold details, and they're covered in my favourite - bees! I love heels that aren't too high and that have a platform so your feet are comfortable for the duration that they're on your feet so these are perfect!

10. Ceramic Skull Planter | £26.88 - I have been after this planter for actual yonks now after seeing it all over Instagram and Pinterest and I am still yet to own it. I love plants and although my flat is small and doesn't have a lot of direct sunlight for plants, I'd still like a couple of cacti and succulents around the place and a cactus would look dapper in this planter.

11. The Moomins Colouring Book | £1O.OO - I might have mentioned it before but I love The Moomins a great deal and I still watch them now regularly when I feel like I need to watch something chilled and happy. When I first saw this colouring book I got really excited and then thought "wait, but aren't Moomins white sooo?" but alas, I still want it. Little My is one of my favourite characters in anything ever and my mam always says she's my spirit character, so I guess that's why I've always had a soft spot for the show/books. I love colouring books and I'm so pleased to see so many pretty ones being released due to their popularity amongst adults once again and this one would be a beautiful one to complete.

Check out my Amazon Birthday Wishlist here for more ideas!



Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment